Rolling down the river, from Leeds to HastingsTuesday, 27 June 2017
“Big wheels keep on turning” for the Activity organisers Training day success.
We have been sucessfully delivering our well attended training day's in Leeds, Nottingham, Bournemouth and Hastings so far, this year.
We have had some fantastic feedback from our attendees who took part in the activities training day. Click on our link to view some of our YouTube videos from the day. https://www.motivationandco.com/training/
Following our training days we have set up a Facebook group page for activity organisers @: UK activities forum group
The Purpose of Meaningful Activities Training Day
This event is aimed to provide the following:
· To develop individual needs to enhance performance.
· An insight into what the experience of dementia may be like.
· A basic understanding of dementia as a range of different conditions.
· A basic understanding of how dementia may affect a person’s behaviour and ability to communicate, and the impact that this may have on others.
· To enable you to provide quality activities to you residents
· Demonstrate increased knowledge and awareness of Dementia.
· Provide update information and training in creating and maintaining a climate for motivating your residents.
· Communicate effectively to enable your residents to be motivated within their abilities
· Deliver activities that will create a supportive learning environment, which is stimulating and challenging for your residents.
Key learning points
The challenge is to not deliver activities based solely on assumptions and stereotypes but to focus on individual needs and abilities.
Motivation & Co. believe in sharing good practice.